Civic Contractors have been cleaning public facilities since its inception in 1987. Today, Civic Contractors cleans more than 400 public toilets and changing rooms in the Auckland region. We have introduced innovative solutions in these contracts, including EV vehicles, the use of ECNZ-only chemicals, facility usage monitors, and more.
Litter & Waste Collection
Civic Contractors has many years’ experience and a proven track record in collecting litter, binned waste and illegal dumping for councils, communities and businesses throughout the North Island. We understand what is required to ensure rubbish-free environments.
We have a large range of innovative vehicles including EV and standard compactor trucks, hi-ab trucks, cage trucks, and vehicles designed for kerb-side and park work.
Whatever your waste collection needs, we can help.
Graffiti removal can be challenging, but Civic Contractors can help. We specialise in removing all types of graffiti, safely and quickly – from most substrates. Our solutions are environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-caustic and neutralised with water, and our expert operators have years of experience to ensure you get excellent results.
Additionally, we provide a range of sacrificial and permanent protective coatings for wood, concrete, granite, plastic, metal and brick surfaces to protect surfaces and allow for zero impact removals.
Our graffiti removal services include:
- Anti-graffiti protective coating applications
- Commercial building graffiti removal
- Graffiti prevention & management plans
- Public and street area graffiti removal
- Steam and pressure washing
Steam & pressure washing
Civic Contractors offers a range of steam cleaning and cold pressure washing services, using the latest machines and equipment – from large, truck-based units to mobile units for use indoors.
Our pressure washing services are ideal in public, industrial, commercial and residential areas – as well as for businesses with high levels of pedestrian and vehicle activity.
We operate mobile, environmentally friendly steam cleaning units from specially customised vehicles with their own power and water supply. We also have noise-cancelling units and equipment that collect waste water, minimising the impact on waterways and the environment.
Our range of steam cleaning and pressure washing services include:
- Steam cleaning concrete, paving and paths
- Commercial driveway and carpark cleaning
- Graffiti removal
- Application of anti-moss coating
- Building washing
- Steam cleaning of waste compactors, bin storage and cart dock areas
- Chewing gum removal
Wet scrubbing gets great results, and works well in conjunction with mechanical sweeping services. Mechanical scrubbing is ideal for removing oil and grease stains, gum, mould, vegetation and other unwanted dirt from a broad variety of substrates – and protecting against future build-up of dirt and grime.
Our innovative scrubbing machines cover large areas efficiently, while protecting our waterways by ‘picking up’ the waste water used in the scrubbing process. Additionally, and depending on the task, Civic Contractors is able to use biodegradable detergents.
Our mechanical scrubbing equipment consists of:
- Compact cabin scrubbers (Hako)
- Ride-on scrubbers (Tennant)
Our mechanical scrubbing services can cover:
- Car parks and parking buildings
- Building entrances and surrounds
- Factory floors and warehouses
- Malls and town centres
- Pavement cleaning
Drain Cleaning and Clearing
Clearing and cleaning drains, sumps and cesspits requires specialised knowledge and equipment – and we have more than 20 years’ experience in these services.
We offer technically advanced, self-contained vacuum loading equipment for the efficient and safe removal of dusts, solids and liquids from confined spaces and pits.
We currently perform scheduled drain, sump and cesspit clearing for local councils around New Zealand. On an ad-hoc basis we also perform hydro-excavation services.
We offer a variety of specialist services including:
- Drain, sump and cesspit clearing
- Drain unblocking and cleaning
- Liquid and solid waste removal
- All mobile vacuum-loading units are equipped with emergency spill kits and our operators have extensive in-house training on procedures, checks and managing our environmental responsibility.
All mobile vacuum-loading units are equipped with emergency spill kits and our operators have extensive in-house training on procedures, checks and managing our environmental responsibility.
Civic Contractors has been providing mechanical sweeping services to local councils and private sector organisations for more than 20 years. Over time, we’ve refined our services to ensure they are as quick, efficient, environmentally responsible and cost-effective as possible.
Our diesel and electric mechanical sweeping fleet is purpose-built and consists of:
- Road sweepers – Regenerative (Schwarze)
- Compact cabin sweepers (Green Machine and Hako)
- Ride-on sweepers (Hako)
- Walk-behind sweepers (Green Machine)
- Full-electric compact sweeper (Green Machine 500ze)
Our sweeping services can cover:
- Roads and state highways
- Kerb and channel cleaning
- Car park cleaning
- Reseal chip removal
- Pavement and bike-path cleaning
- Footpath/factory sweeping
- Leaf fall removal
- Magnetic sweeping – collection of metals
- Major event cleaning